Staying In Touch
Safe Church Info
*Our Youth Customary is currently under review and will be updated by the end of the year. Stay in touch to receive the updated version.
In the meantime, those who work “regularly and routinely” with young people ought to go through Safeguarding God’s Children training and have a background check done. Sunday School teachers (or someone serving in a similar capacity) are currently exempt from this with the idea that someone trained in Safeguarding and with a background check is overseeing them while they are working with the children.
For information on Safeguarding God’s Children training, please contact The Rev. Canon Katie Bradshaw.
- Youth Customary* (guidelines for practicing safe ministry!)
- Building Faith
- Center for the Ministry of Teaching at Virginia Theological Seminary
- Pinterest Boards to Follow: Center for Ministry · FORMA · DioMSYouth
- Center for Ministry of Teaching at VTS Top Curriculum Picks for Children
- Center for Ministry (VTS) Episcopal Children’s Curriculum (Free! Downloadable Curriculum)
- Church Publishing
- Lesson Plans that Work (Free! Lectionary Based Curriculum)
- Leader Resources
- Cokesbury (United Methodist)
- Group (Baptist)
- Augsburg Fortress/Spark House (ELCA)
- Creative Communications
- Oriental Trading
- Discount School Supply
- Liturgy Resource for Children
- Nuts & Bolts of Starting a Children’s Church
- Episcopal Relief and Development Resources for Children
- New to Ministry with Children?
- Your Clergy
- Each Other! (AWWY Facebook Group)
- Around the Country! (FORMA Facebook Group)
- Episcopal Christian Educator’s Handbook by Sharon Ely Pearson
- ME! Whitney Robinson, Missioner for Children & Youth Formation (601-810-5133) firstname.lastname@example.org