Staying In Touch
- Join our Leader’s Email List!
- Read the Latest Email Here
- Subscribe to the Google Calendar
- Join our Facebook Group so you can stay in conversation with other adults working with young people in the Diocese of Mississippi!
- Join FORMA’s Facebook Group to be in conversation with adults working with young people all over the Episcopal Church!
Safe Church Info
*Our Youth Customary is currently under review and will be updated by the end of the year. Stay in touch to receive the updated version. In the meantime, those who work “regularly and routinely” with young people ought to go through Safeguarding God’s Children training and have a background check done. Sunday School teachers (or someone serving in a similar capacity) are currently exempt from this with the idea that someone trained in Safeguarding and with a background check is overseeing them while they are working with the children.
For information on Safeguarding God’s Children training, please contact The Rev. Annie Elliott.
- Youth Customary* (guidelines for practicing safe ministry!)
- Changeable Agreement & Release Form for Trips
- Building Faith
- Center for the Ministry of Teaching at Virginia Theological Seminary
- Pinterest Boards to Follow:
- Center for Ministry
- Center for Ministry of Teaching at VTS Top Curriculum Picks for Children
- Leader Resources (Rite 13 & J2A)
- Church Publishing
- Center for Ministry (VTS) Episcopal Curriculum for Youth
- Cokesbury (United Methodist)
- Augsburg Fortress/Spark House (ELCA)
- One of the MANY sites with game ideas & instructions
- Faith Lens Weekly Youth Bible Study (subscribe – free!)
- Bible Study Playing Cards
- Episcopal Youth in Mission Manual
- Episcopal Relief and Development Youth Resources
- Remind 101 Communication
- Your Clergy
- Each Other! (AWWY Facebook Group)
- Around the Country! (FORMA Facebook Group)
- ME! Whitney Robinson, Missioner for Children & Youth Formation (601-810-5133) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries